Change Run Level at Bootup
From Brian Nelson Ramblings
Changing your runlevel at boot time. (aka Grub Method)
- The Grub menu is hidden by default
- Reboot then press and hold a key until the grub menu appears
- Choose your desired kernel and press "a" to modify the kernel arguments.
- Simply add a 3 to the line for runlevel 3 or 1 for single user mode and Press "enter". After pressing enter press "b" to boot with the changes you have made. (NOTE: If you are having booting issues you might want to remove "quiet" and "rhgb.")
- Log in and do the damage you desire. If you are booting to single user you do not need to login you will simply be presented with a prompt.
- Logout, change runlevels or reboot as needed.